Welcome. Summer has finally made it to the UK this past week. We have had temperatures between 28℃ and 30℃ (82℉ and 86℉) all week long … and hopefully it is set to continue. It's such a shame I have had to work, but the weekend is here now, so I will enjoy.
Lots to share today, so shall we get on ….
First is a piece that I stitched in 2016, Ornamental Joy by Country Cottage Needleworks. It has been languishing in the UFO box waiting for its moment in the spotlight. I finished as a very simple pillow.
Ornamental Joy - Country Cottage Needleworks.
40ct Flax Newcastle linen.
Used recommended threads.
-oOo-
I have a stitching finish on The Drawn Thread piece I have in my rotation. This is the last piece in the seasonal Simply series, Simply Winter. I stitched these all on one piece of linen one season underneath the next. I left 2 stitches in between each of the seasons. My reasoning being that there is 2 stitches between each line of the alphabets so hopefully it is aesthetically pleasing.
Simply Winter - The Drawn Thread.
32ct Dirty Belfast linen.
Used recommended threads except changed GAST Walnut to GAST Wood Trial.
Simply Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter - The Drawn Thread
32ct Dirty Belfast Linen.
Recommended threads except changed GAST Walnut to GAST Wood Trail.
-oOo-
Parchment Tapestry - Rosewood Manor.
40ct Platinum Newcastle Linen.
Recommended WDW threads.
-oOo-
I went on a visit to the framers today taking 4 pieces - I will leave you guessing. They should be about 3 weeks so hopefully by next months post I will have them back to show. The frames that I have chosen, I don't think I have had before which is quite exciting as to how they will look. Plus I did look at what black frames were on offer as I might have some Halloween pieces to be done next.
I'm still working away on Oct 31st by With Thy Needle & Thread - Brenda Gervais. I did have a couple of evenings of unpicking. After I had completed stitching both of the trees I decided - over a couple of days - that I didn't like how they looked. I just didn't like them and they HAD to come out. I have now re-stitched them both in DMC and am really pleased.
I've chosen a couple of pieces from projects I have kitted up. Should have some progress to show on them next time. again it's not going to be particularly seasonal but I know I'm going to enjoy stitching them.
Right I'm off to enjoy this sunny weather ….. have a good weekend everyone!
Until next time ……..
Hooray Hooray! You have all the seasons done now by The Drawn Thread and they are so awesome Andrea!! Parchment Tapestry is Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI hope you do have a lovely week end. I think your seasonal piece turned out just beautiful. I always enjoy looking at your blog as your stitching is so very beautiful!! Can't wait to see the framed pieces.
ReplyDeleteThe Drawn Thread Simply Winter is amazing, doesn't it look so lovely all 4 pieces in a row.
ReplyDeleteParchment Tapestry is amazing, I've never seen this one before.
Great stitching.... enjoy relaxing in the warm weather
Andrea, I like how Simply Winter looks like it really has snow - beautifully done.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, what beautiful finishes. I really like the season piece by The Drawn Thread. Your pillow looks lovely and I know you will enjoy having it on display at the holidays. Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea,
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful patterns and motifs, I can not say which I like best.
Hugs and a sunny sunday, Martina
Congrats on the lovely finishes Cheryl.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Que bonitos diseños!!
ReplyDeleteThe DT's look great on 1 piece of fabric.
ReplyDeleteLove Tapestry,such pretty colors.
Congrats on your finishes.
Can't wait to see your framed pieces!
Have a great week!
Marilyn
The four Season looks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI like your finish from Rosewood Manor. I'm looking forward to your frame.
Have a nice Sunday, Manuela
Wow! What lovely finishes! I did Ornamental Joy but have yet to finish it. This hot hot weather just stifles me (tho I am glad you finally got summer... it's probably much better over there!), so that I just want to sit and stitch... period! I have never considered stitching a DT because they seemed to always have specialty stitches and backstitch, which I avoid! But your seasonal pieces here look fantastic (and do-able)! And I have never seen Parchment Tapestry done before, so will be looking at that online today! Thanks for all that inspiration! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, you have been so productive, one is prettier than the next! I love the Drawn Thread Seasons and how you stitched them one after the other. It's going to be fantastic framed. The Tapestry is gorgeous, the colors are so beautiful and what a pretty little ornament. I can't get over all that you have accomplished.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteYour blog is always a delight to look at .
All your stitching is fantastic .
love the Christmas one too.
Have a lovely evening hugs.
You have been busy. your home must be so beautiful with so many lovely finishes hanging on your walls. I especially like the drawn Thread piece. x
ReplyDeleteAndrea, what a work of art the Drawn thread stitches are. They are gorgeous! And, I really love Tapestry. The colors are wonderful. So many stitches and perfectly done. Hope your week is great. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDeleteParchment Tapestry is finished! Wow - it looks wonderful Andrea.
ReplyDeleteAndrea your pieces are so pretty. I can't wait to see your framed pieces. 🌻
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to have all four seasons finished up, Andrea--they really are stunning all together! And your Joy pillow is just lovely--glad to see it all finished up. I saw someone else stitching up that Parchment Tapestry and I immediately put it on my wish list. Think it's time to move it to my shopping cart after seeing your lovely finish :)
ReplyDeleteStay cool and I can't wait to see your framed finishes!
Oh my, some great finishes, Andrea.
ReplyDeleteI love the small "Joy" ornament! Such pretty colors!
ReplyDeleteYour two larger pieces are so lovely!
Both are just perfect!
Three gorgeous finishes! The Drawn Thread designs look stunning stitched in a row. I absolutely adore the alphabet along the bottom of Parchment Tapestry, what a stunning finish.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous finishes, Andrea! I am in love with the Rosewood Manor piece. So delicate and pretty. :)
ReplyDelete