Dear friends and fellow bloggers,
I hope you are all well. The weather next week in the UK is supposed to get colder, down in to single figure temperatures. I think the hat and scarf will be coming out of the wardrobe.
Thank you for all of your comments of late. I love reading them and do appreciate the time you take to comment.
-oOo-
I have 2 more finishes to show today, the first is my monthly Christmas ornament for November. I chose a fairly quick stitch for this month, Quaker Christmas Holly by The Workbasket. I had this in my pile of freebies. I have found where I printed it from, which is here. There are a few more on that page as well which you may like. I chose to stitch with a couple of silks. Shades of Wine by Dinky Dyes is one of my favourite red colours, the green seemed to work well too. Where I have attached beads, it is charted for French knots. I decided to put gold beads in the centre of the poinsettas and the red at the ends of the holly leaves. I just had enough thread left to do a corded hanger and was fortunate enough that the chenille I had was a good enough match.
Quaker Christmas Holly - The Workbasket.
Freebie found here.
36ct Antique White Edinburgh Linen.
Used Dinky Dye Silk No. 229 Shades of Wine and Belle Soie Creme de Menthe threads.
Mill Hill Petite Seed Bead #40557 Gold.
Mill Hill Petite Seed Bead #42012 Royal Plum.
Lady Dot Creates Chenille - Sequoia.
-oOo-
I have stitched and finished Merry Holly Berries by With Thy Needle and Thread in the same style as Oktober Feast. The candlestick is a different style and a little darker but essentially the same. This is stitched on 40ct Legacy Picture This Plus linen, I had just enough to stitch this as well as Oktober Feast. The only changes I made was to substitute GAST Carriage Black for GAST Wood Trail. I preferred black boots, belt and gloves for Santa rather than brown. Also I used the CC Chilli Pepper as charted and for the Valdani Cinnamon Swirl. There didn't seem much of a colour change on the photo so there wasn't much point buying the Valdani thread, the Chilli Pepper worked just as well.
Merry Holly Berries - With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais.
40ct Legacy Picture This Plus linen.
Used recommended threads except,
Gentle Art Carriage Black instead of Gentle Art Wood Trail.
Used Classic Colorworks Chili Pepper as charted and instead of the Valdani Cinnamon Swirl.
-oOo-
Until next time ……..
Congratulations on both finishes! I really like that you added beads to the holly one! And thank you for the link to the free charts.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes.
ReplyDeleteBoth of your finishes are fabulous, Andrea! I love the colors you used for the Holly Quaker round. Stay warm and enjoy the coming week!
ReplyDeleteMerry Holly Berries is a beauty!!
ReplyDeleteAndrea, I love your ornament. Your choice of silk threads is so pretty and I love how you chose beads instead of French knots. I also really like the chenille trim...so pretty and the perfect color.
ReplyDeleteYour Santa finish is precious. I love these candlestick finishes. If it is ok with you, I would love to give one a try. Have a wonderful week. RJ
Just lovely stitching. I so love your ideas for finishing and thank you for the link to the Quaker design. I love Quaker designs and that one is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteTwo wonderful finishes. I like them.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely stitching love them .
ReplyDeleteThank you for the link , this will be added to my list.
Do you stitch using one thread on all your designs ?
Have a lovely week.
Such lovely stitching, and really pretty finishing too. Thank you for the link to the freebie. x
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful finishes!
ReplyDeleteLove that candlestick too.
Marilyn
The beads were perfect on the poinsettas. I am always for beads rather than trying to make French knots perfect. Thank you for sharing the freebie site. I downloaded that little acorn pattern for next year on there.
ReplyDeleteGreat job and finish on both projects.
Those poinsettias are lovely. And I just love everything about the Christmas candlestick! It is so fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful finishes (as always!), Andrea. The gold beads make such a nice finishing touch on the poinsettias. And that WTN&T finish is perfect. I just bought a candlestick similar to that (although not as pretty as yours) at a thrift store for a similar finish--some day!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful week ahead!
The candlestick finish is exquisite. I often change knots to beads, they give a different dimension to a stitched piece, yours looks beautifully stitched and finished.
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching with beautiful finishing...such a nice touch with the silk threads. And the candlestick is adorable I agree with your decision on black...
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful motifs and worked so well, great finish.
ReplyDeleteGreetings, Martina
Que bonitos detalles!!! bss
ReplyDeleteAndrea, I love both your finishes. Brenda is my favorite designer and now I have to add Merri Holly Berries to my stash!! I just love that candlestick that you use, could you share where you purchase them? I would love to copy your finish. I think it's fantastic with the pom pom trim on the candlestick.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the freebie link, another darling finish and the beads were a great addition. I'm unfamiliar with Dinky Dyes but that thread is the perfect red for that stitch, great variation.
Beautiful finishes Andrea, into the Christmas season we go.
ReplyDeleteBoth finishes are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous finishes! How did you finish the candlestick piece? Like a typical flat ornament but gluing on the candlestick? It's especially gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSo enjoy your blog Andrea.
ReplyDelete