28 April 2019

Briar Rabbit

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I hope you are all well. How many of you are looking forward to Stitch Maynia? I look forward to the flosstubes and extra posts showing all of the chaos organisation of all of the projects.
 
I have another finish to report. I know …. another one!! This is Briar Rabbit by La-D-Da. I had no idea of the lovely colours in this piece until I stitched it. The chart photo is really rubbish. No colour changes on this one except I stitched on Raw/Natural linen and not as charted.

 
 

Briar Rabbit - La-D-Da.
40ct Raw/Natural Newcastle linen.
Used recommended DMC threads.
 
 
-oOo-
 
After seeing this post here from Jackie's Stitches earlier this month about her organisation, I had to have a look on Ebay UK for something similar. I just thought it was a wonderful idea. As you can see below I did find some small plastic luggage tags. I now have them on all my bags instead of a piece of card and a safety pin through the zip pull. I also bought a few more book binding rings to hold my kitted up threads. So thank you Jackie for the idea.  


 
 
-oOo-
 
My next large project I have decided will be In All Things Be Exceedlingly Diligent by Needle Work Press. After pulling the DMC thread colours, I have put the first stitched in today. There is navy blue in this piece, something that wasn't obvious from the chart photo. It will be interesting! I'll keep you posted!
 
-oOo-
 
Until next time ……

19 comments:

  1. Briar Rabbit is a handsome fellow. Well done on your finish! I look forward to seeing all the different formats and projects for Stitch Maynia. Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely design Andrea. I've decided to join in with Stitch Maynia this year for the first time. As I'm a little nervous about having so many new starts, the patterns I've chosen are mostly ornaments, small designs or patterns I've already started. Should be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briar Rabbit didn't appeal to me from looking at the package photo but I love your version so of course now I want the pattern. I make zipper pulls for my project bags and I have some little cardboard tag-love the plastic ones better. You're such an enabler-I even have another blog to follow. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rabbit is wonderful!! I have seen your new choice. It is a very pretty sampler, one I have thought of stitching.I look forward to seeing your work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the Briar Rabbit piece. I must write that one down for my wish list:) Of course, I have many that I need to stitch before buying anything else, but everyone keeps doing these wonderful stitches:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours in this design are really pretty. I love seeing the actual stitching of a design that has been done rathe than looking at the package photos as often they really don't do it justice. When I go to the Harrogate stitching show i am more likely to buy charts when I see them with the work displayed because it gives you such a better idea of what it will really look like. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Andrea,
    the little bunnie sampler is wonderful.
    Another one for my stitching list.
    Enjoy the new week.
    Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching just gets more beautiful each time I see it .
    Love your rabbit .
    Enjoy your Week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Briar Rabbit is so pretty.
    I've seen finishes on blogs, and yes, the picture does not do it justice, so dark.
    That is a great idea for organization with those tags.
    I've also seen In All Things finishes on blogs, and have to admit, I'm getting enabled on that design! It is so pretty.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Briar Rabbit is beautiful, Andrea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's and adorable chap. A super finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Briar Rabbit is adorable! I love the raw natural linen, it's a color I need to use more often!

    I'm glad you found something that works for you in terms of labeling your projects! I'm able to find things so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, I love Briar Rabbit. I have looked at this one so many times but seeing all the pretty colors after you stitched it really sells it. It's gorgeous. Great tip on organization too. Have a great week. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love the rabbit, the subtle flowers on the edge are wonderful. A very pretty motif.
    The small plastic labels are a good idea.
    I'm looking forward to your new project.
    Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the soft colours in Briar Rabbit - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful finish, I haven't seen the chart before.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Briar Rabbit finish, Andrea! I totally agree--the photo on the chart was horrible and I would never have stitched it if I hadn't seen another blogger's finish of it on white fabric (which is what I used). Great idea buying those tags. I don't have many ongoing projects, but they would definitely come in handy! Happy May to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful Spring piece. You comment about mania made me laugh. It hard to believe it May

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.