Another Bank Holiday and another rainy day. Having a lazy day ... stitching and sorting new projects.
I did get the sewing machine out yesterday and fully finished the Fraktur Friends piece by Plum Street Samplers that I was stitching. Everything came together nicely. I didn't have to unpick one seam, which is what usually happens on any sewing project I attempt.
So the details of the piece … I did convert the called for colours to silks. I used a piece of 36ct Antique Ivory Edinburgh linen and was going to use the called for threads, either the hand dyed cottons or the DMC alternative. I tried 1 strand over 2 … didn't like it, tried 2 over 2 … didn't like it, so thought I would try and do a conversion to silk. Out came my box and it wasn't too difficult, only 6 colours required and I think I did quite well. I also didn't fill in the half moon shapes of the border.
- Classic Colorworks Cayenne/DMC 300 changed to Dinky Dyes 159 Cherry.
- Classic Colorworks Blackbird/DMC 310 changed to NPI 993.
- Classic Colorworks Fool's Gold/DMC 422 changed to Dinky Dyes 062 Aussie Gold.
- Classic Colorworks Olive Branch/DMC 523 changed to Dinky Dyes 046 Topaz (lighter beige parts of skein.
- Weeks Dye Works Oscar/DMC 730 changed to NPI 333.
- Weeks Dye Works Light Khaki/DMC 822 changed to NPI 992.
Fraktur Friends by Plum Street Samplers.
36ct Antique Ivory Edinburgh linen.
Used my own conversion to silks.
Lady Dot Creates chenille trim - Motherlode.
-oOo-
Until next time ……..
This is just so adorable! And your finishing is perfection Andrea. :)
ReplyDeleteYour Fraktur Friends stitch turned out fabulous. Your conversion looks super and the chenille trim bring it all together perfectly. Well done!
ReplyDeleteI love your color conversion! Very pretty! It's finished beautifully as well. I'm with you on not having to rip out seams. That's priceless!
ReplyDeleteIt turned out so cute and I love the Chenille trim.
ReplyDeleteSuperb colour choices, its turned out beautifully.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful finish.
ReplyDeleteI like your colour choice. The birds are very cute.
Very pretty pillow finish!
ReplyDeletethe chenille trim is perfect, it adds a lot to the design.
Have a great week!
Marilyn
Te quedó precioso!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo enjoyed your color conversation such a fabulous piece so rich looking..love silks♥️
ReplyDeleteLove the design and colors...very nice.
ReplyDeleteA nice pattern and a great finish.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week, Martina
Your stitching is looking amazing love the finish .
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your week .
This is just so delightful, Andrea--thank you for sharing your conversions with us. I want to stitch everything that I see when you post :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely piece. I love Fraktur designs. Thank you for your information on the conversions! Your finishing is always so well done!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous finish and fantastic color conversion. It is another lovely project. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
ReplyDelete