How are you all? Hope you are all well. Thank you to all of your answers to my question on the last post. From listening to Flosstube there always seems to be one retreat or another people are going to.
I promised you an update of my plans in July. I decided, at the last minute really, to jump on the bandwagon and stitch #christmasinjulysal (IG). I'm not sure who was the originator of this but it's a lot of fun. I didn't want to stitch an ornament every day, start a new project every day or even one every week but a couple of new starts just to say I took part.
The first one I started was Baby, It's Cold Outside by Heartstring Samplery. It had been kitted for a while, 40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle Zweigart linen with the charted for threads. This is turning out smaller than I thought but there is quite a bit of stitching in that house … as it always seems to be.
Baby. It's Cold Outside - Heartstring Samplery.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha Newcastle Zweigart linen.
Using recommended threads.
Stitching 1 over 2.
-oOo-
I chose a smaller design for my second piece, although funnily enough this one is larger than I thought! It is Jack's Sweet Shoppe - Merry Friends by Plum Street Samplers. I've come to an abrupt stop as I'm waiting on a new skein of DMC 822. I thought I would have enough but …. no. Still have a few snowflakes to stitch. I'm almost certain it won't be finished in a tart pan, probably just a regular pillow but we'll see.
Jack's Sweet Shoppe - Merry Friends - Plum Street Samplers.
36ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh Zweigart linen.
Using recommened hand-dyed threads of the DMC alternatives.
Stitching 1 over 2.
-oOo-
Until next time …….
Always loved that Heartsring design.
ReplyDeleteSanta is too cue.
Marilyn
Andrea, Glad you jumped on the Christmas in July Bandwagon! How frustrating that you were so close to a finish and missing the dmc. Do you have a store you can go into to purchase dmc or do you have to wait for a mail shipment? Love Baby it's cold outside too...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching...enjoy the rest of July!
ReplyDeleteBoth of your Christmas stitches are looking good, Andrea! Hope your skein of DMC arrives soon. Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteI have done both of these and I love each one of them. Right now I am doing Jolly July with Priscilla, Chelsea and The Fat Quarter Shop. I have been working on stitching my grands Christmas ornaments for this year.
ReplyDeleteI've always loved that sweet ice-skating Santa carrying the little snowman to decorate the tree. Have it in my stash, but have not yet stitched it--yours looks wonderful, Andrea! And what a nice piece Baby It's Cold Outside will be when all finished up. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ♥
ReplyDeleteA sweet santa on the Plum Street Sampler, very different
ReplyDeleteSuch delightful winter stitches! I have a mug with the Baby It's Cold Outside design.
ReplyDeleteBoth project are wonderful. Great starts.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week. Manuela
Very sweet, i especially love the Father Christmas design, and I certainly wouldn't make it into a tin either. x
ReplyDeleteLove your Christmas stitch , It won't be long coming ! I must start stitching for it soon.
ReplyDeleteI have to say, two wonderful new motives you have chosen, both of which I like very much.
ReplyDeleteI know that too - you are so engrossed in the work and then the yarn goes out and has to wait first. But usually it goes on very fast.
Have a nice week, Martina
What gorgeous designs you are stitching for ChristmasinJuly. I love the bottom one especially. xx
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful designs, beautifully stitched!
ReplyDelete