28 February 2020

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

I have a day off work today so I'm spending it catching up on blogs and updating my own. It's cold and raining … again … we had a bit of sleet / snow first thing this morning. There are floods in town on the area by the river but not really anywhere surrounding me. I do feel so sorry for the people who are flooded. My Grandma used to get flooded years ago, I can always remember the sandbags by the back door. One time I ran along the path and the man-hole cover was up … yes you guessed it … I fell down the hole!!

-oOo-

I promised you I would be back to show you all my finishes that I collected from the framers.

A lot of Instagrammers are taking part in a SAL, stitching Baby It's Cold Outside in honour of our friend Leanne who lost the fight with breast cancer. I had already stitched it so I decided it would be one of the pieces I would take to be framed.


Baby It's Cold Outside - Heartstring Samplery.

-oOo-

The one piece that will remind me of Leanne will be A Red Cottage. She had stitched it herself and I was so taken with it I just had to get the chart. Another one I had to take.


A Red Cottage - Plum Street Samplers.


-oOo-

I really liked the way this Farmhouse Christmas was framed on the photos I has seen on Little House Needleworks. I tried to recreate it with the frames I had to choose from.


Farmhouse Christmas - Little House Needleworks.

-oOo-

This is my favourite piece ... by far. The Winter Is Past. I love it!


The Winter Is Past - Blackbird Designs.


-oOo-

That's all I have for today. I hope next time to show my WIPs.

Until next time …..

17 comments:

  1. Andrea, they all turned out so pretty. I love your frame selections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Winter piece best. Great frame choice. I have it kitted and this sure inspires it to be my leap year start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, I love your blog! I have a short question, did you use all of the called for colors for A Red Cottage by Plum Street Samplers? I just love your sitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your stitched designs are so beautiful and they look just wonderful in their frame's ,I liked the ones you chose .
    Enjoy the rest of your long weekend.
    So sorry to hear about Leanne, far to many of our friends have passed this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pieces, they will look so beautiful displayed! The Red Cottage and Winter is Past.... are gorgeous, what lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each framed piece is so very lovely, Andrea--I don't think I can chose a favorite! But, it just might be the same as yours. I've had this chart in my stash for years--time to get stitching! Enjoy your weekend--hope the rains in your area let up soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pieces you received back from the framer. Each one is incredible, but I think my favorites are the first two (Baby It's Cold Outside and A Red Cottage). Each one of the frame moldings are stunning. Enjoy your weekend, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching and frame choices! I need to get a few things framed myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your framed pieces are so pretty. The frames go so well with the designs. I stitched The Winter is Past and it is fun to see how you framed it. I framed it a lot like the picture on the chart. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very enthusiastic about your work, not only do I like your individual motifs very well, which you keep under your needles, I also find your good eye for suitable frames admirable.
    Have a nice weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all just lovely, the Blackbird's design piece is absolutely my favourite for the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Andrea,
    so beautiful your finishes and all the frames are perfect.
    Have a nice weekend. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your framed pieces are so beautiful, with beautiful stitching.
    I especially love the LH piece.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popped in for a visit from a mutual friends blog. I always enjoy meeting new blog mates. Beautiful work, think my favorite would be The Christmas one. Nice frame choices really add to the art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh they all turned out so gorgeous in their frames Andrea. I loved reading of your inspiration, our dear friend Leanne. I still miss her. She was a part of our local stitch group.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely framed pieces, a reminder of your friend in years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.