It's time to see my sampler WIPs.
-oOo-
Sarah Redfearn 1826 by The Scarlett House.
This chart is so pretty. As usual the chart is no reflection on the colours that are charted. I am using most of the Classic Coloworks Belle Soie and Gloriana threads that are charted. I have changed The Classic Colorworks Chocolat to Tortoise Shell and Shepherd's Pasture to Au Ver A Soie - Soie D'Alger 1814. It is being stitched on 40ct Platinum Newcastle Zweigart linen. This was my New Year's Day start and at the moment I am stitching on it about 3 days a week.
Sarah Redfearn 1826 - The Scarlett House.
40ct Platinum Newcastle Zweigart linen.
Threads as charted except:
Classic Colorworks Belle Soie Chocolat changed to Tortoise Shell.
Classic Colorworks Belle Soie changed to Au Ver A soie - Soie D'Alger 1814.
-oOo-
Noel Sampler by With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais
I had no intention of started this one this year, in fact I had not even got the chart before the beginning of February!! There was a hashtag on IG (#lostinstitchywishes) for charts that you wished for in memory of the afore mentioned Leanne in my previous post. As I had stitched Baby It's Cold Outside I was really looking for this Noel Sampler. It was probably close to being my 'unicorn' chart. So I was so surprised that Julia (@jlopiparo) granted my wish. However when it arrived, not only did she gift me the chart, she also sent the DMC threads and the fabric. Such a kind and thoughtful gift.
So on the 15th February I started. I had no idea is was so large a project. It's going well and I'm starting to build the house, a red house, a favourite for many including myself. No colour changes on this one and it is charted for DMC.
Noel Sampler - With Thy Needle and Thread / Brenda Gervais.
36ct Parchment WDW linen.
DMC as charted.
-oOo-
Planned Starts
Today I am planning to start and put a few stitches in to Easter Parade by Blackbird Designs as it is 1st March. No other reason except it is meteorologically the First Day of Spring ... I can't wait until 20th March for it to be the astronomical First Day of Spring!!
-oOo-
Until next time .....







Both are beautiful Samplers, & your stitching is perfect!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
What beautiful samplers you are working on, Andrea! I really like that little Noel block in the second sampler. It would make a darling ornament. I look forward to seeing your start and progress on Easter Parade. Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteOh my! Sarah Redfearn is beautiful. Such pretty pretty colors.
ReplyDeleteNoel will be such a special project and how lovely to be gifted it all ready to start.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work, great colors.
ReplyDeleteYour photos show how wonderful the colors are on these two projects! Juste beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI have already seen the Scarlett House on Instagram and I am absolutely thrilled, a wonderful motif. But the Noel sampler is also a dream.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I'm already waiting for spring and love it when it's lighter in the morning and you can hear the little birds chirping.
Have a good time
Oh just beautiful stitching love the colors in the first design .
ReplyDeleteEnjoy every day of your stitching hugs.
Hello Andrea,
ReplyDeleteyou choose two wonderful pattern to stitch. I love them.
Can't wait to see the first photos from your Easter Parade by BBD.
Have a nice week. Manuela
Andrea, both of your projects are just gorgeous!! I have the Noel chart and your progress is certainly tempting me to start it. How kind of Julia to send you the chart and the fabric and threads!!
ReplyDeleteThese are both so lovely, Andrea! And yes, spring stitching is in order even though it doesn't officially begin until later this month. I think we are all more than ready for some pretty spring pastels :)
ReplyDeleteI am interested in the type of frame that you work on. It seems to keep your fabric nice and taut. I am having trouble with my current frame. I adore both of those projects. The colors in the first one are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful sampler. I started the Noel Sampler on 28 count and soon realized it would be huge. I do plan to stitch it on 36 count, my new favorite count!
ReplyDelete