21 March 2020

Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

… Coronavirus.

This is the worst thing and many of us will have gone through. It is scary but we must think positively. 

We are all OK here. I live with Mum and Dad who are both in their mid-70s but thankfully are both in good health. After last years battle with my bowel and subsequently that being taken out I'm OK, eating well again and doing as I'm told by all the scientific experts on the TV.

I am working (in my job I can't work from home) although a older man was sent home last week as he was in the over 70s bracket and my friend has to work from home as she has MS. Friday saw the closure of schools, so 2 more ladies in the office start to work from home as they have young children and can't rely on older family members to look after them now. We are quite a small department in our company so "social distancing" in no problem! Plus we are a close bunch so we do still have a laugh and joke through the day although it does get a bit tense as clients still expect results "yesterday!"

Stay safe everyone, don't go out if you don't have to. Social media, emails and phones are your friends right now.

** STITCH ALL THE THINGS **

Until next time ….. with a stitching update …. stitchy hugs

💖 💖 💖

19 comments:

  1. I can't work from home either Andrea but that at least gives us some social contact which is a good thing just now. It is indeed scary times but we have to just take things a day at a time and enjoy our time crafting. Your parents are lucky to have you at home and vice versa. I feel for the people who live alone. Since I lost my husband last year I've been so grateful every day to have my son still at home, I see it as a blessing. I am hoping that we will continue to see more stories of people pulling together and being more considerate instead of what you mention about clients having unrealistic expectations. I work in the NHS and we are still seeing it there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, take care and stay healthy! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After this national crises, will be interesting to see how everyone redefines their new normal. Am loving social isolating--sewing, quilting, hooking, stitching, baking--peace, quiet!

    Yes, I have an "essential" job and am loving the quicker commute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling much better .
    I forget hubby and myself are over 70 now .
    I am phoning around to the ladies over 70 at my club to see that they are ok and have what they need . My GD just phoned me to see if we were ok ! then it hit me we are over 70 too ha .
    Don't feel it yet, we just plod along .
    Take care give our love to your parents hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are safe and your family too. big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope in the long term these difficult times will bring society together and make new friends in communities for thd future. Lots of people are helping each other locally here.
    Stay safe Andrea. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're ok, stay safe! Very strange times for all of us, indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! "Stitch All The Things!!!"

    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My DH and I are both retired and in the "old" age group. We are being careful and enjoying walking out side each day. I hope you and your parents are able to stay very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also cannot work from home, we are a small office in the telephone service and work with 5 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon, then alone in the evening. But I only work two short days a week, so it's OK. It is only important that you adhere to the guidelines that you try the best to protect yourself and others.
    I wish you all my heart a lot of strength and health through this time, luckily we have our hobby so that we can pass the time at home well.
    Try to stay healthy.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea,
    take care and stay healty.
    Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you & your parents are safe.
    We are on the same restrictions here in the US, but it's scary.
    I have many projects to work on, so I won't get bored.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, Happy to hear you and your family are doing well. I'm thankful to have hobbies to keep me busy...I thought 911 was going to be the most frightening time I lived through but this is proving to be worse. Be well, Mary & RJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. My state is shut down except for essential services and stores. Hubby and I will be teaching university classes online starting this week. Stay safe and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are doing okay and you are there for your parents, Andrea. So good to hear that you are back to eating well again--sounds like you underwent the same procedure as my hairdresser and it took a lot out of him. Your coworkers sound like a lovely group and I honestly think having that contact is better than remaining cooped up at home alone. I'm glad my husband is here (he works from home) to keep me company as we are not supposed to go out unless for necessary appointments and such.

    Take care now ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care Andrea, you and your parents are in my thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad you are safe my friend. We are too and we are staying put. Only going out when necessary. The only one working now is my husband, and he works from home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stay safe and healthy. In this time of social distancing it must be very comforting to you and your parents to be together.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.