I hope you are all well and doing as you are told! I'm OK but I had to go out food shopping yesterday and I think my stress levels hit an all time high. I was jittery for the rest of the day and even my stitching couldn't relax my nerves. I'm much better today and going out for my walk when I have finished this post. Oh, are your hands a mess? Dry I mean. I can't seem to put enough hand cream on to combat the dryness. It's a good job everyone seems to buy me hand cream for birthdays / Christmas!
I said I would be back with an update of my stitching WIPs … so here I am. The first one is Noel Sampler by With Thy Needle and Thread. This is my main WIP at the moment, my comfort piece. I'm a little bit further along than this photo shows, I just love stitching on this. I found I am a stitch short on the top border but I don't think it will be that noticeable on the final piece. I'll fudge it on the bottom right corner somehow … a unique piece. 😏
Noel Sampler - With Thy Needle and Thread.
36ct Parchment Weeks Dye Works.
Using DMC threads.
-oOo-
The second is Easter Parade by Blackbird Designs. This is going a little slow but I just pick it up now and again. The bunny has his eyelet stitches now and is carrying his basket. I have changed about half the colours as dye lots have changed so I'm picking colours as I go.
Easter Parade - Blackbird Designs.
40ct Cream Newcastle linen.
Threads to be confirmed at a later date.
-oOo-
Until next time …..


Both are looking good. I (we all) know what you mean about feeling jittery after being out. I am putting in an online grocery order today for delivery on Wednesday and already stressing about what if there is something on the packaging. Thank goodness we have our stitching and we can get outside for walks or yard work. Stay safe
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful sampler.
ReplyDeleteI hope today is better for you. It's unusual and stressful times for many. Thankfully, I'm quite happy at home since my husband insists that he do all the shopping. Your stitching is just lovely!
ReplyDeleteLovely post Andrea , love the stitching , I enjoyed doing your last stitch it was a fun stitch .
ReplyDeleteYes you are right my hands are so dry and the skin is hard by the side of my
nail and keeps catching on my stitching .
Hubby said it feels strange shopping he goes early and gets back quick .
Have a good week hugs .
The stitching is looking fabulous. x
ReplyDeleteHi Andrea, lovely to see your update. I was the same as you yesterday, I had to do a grocery shopping and I was absolutely dreading it - but I was lucky, at the time I went the store was very quiet, not many shoppers there, and I was able to do our shopping with no stress and get out of there!
ReplyDeleteI've also been getting a lot of use out of my collection of hand creams, between Hannah and I are, we'll be right until next Christmas, lol.
Have a good week and enjoy your stitching xx
Very pretty pieces and going out does make me nervous as well. I have tried to stay at home as much as possible.
ReplyDeleteI do understand just how you feel. Somehow I feel like I am doing something wrong when I go to the grocery store. It shakes me up. I love the Noel sampler. I have the chart and I just looked at it today. Maybe a good future start. I did Easter Parade long ago and I still love putting it up each spring. Take care and be well.
ReplyDeleteI love your new wips - especially the rabbit did it to me, so cute.
ReplyDeletestay healthy, Hugs Martina
Both projects are so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteTake care and stay healthy.
Manuela
Very pretty stitches.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Blackbird has re-released some of their designs.
Take care.
Marilyn
Both of your WIPs are looking good, Andrea! Be well!
ReplyDeleteEaster Parade is delightful.
ReplyDeleteI've see a few recommending 'Gloves in a Bottle' as a good barrier for sore hands.
Take care x
Beautiful stitching, Andrea! And yes, my hands--yikes!! I have always washed them a lot due to stitching, but they are getting cracked and sore looking. Take care now--and Happy Easter! ♥
ReplyDeleteLove your choices of patterns, I just brought 3 With they needle and thread patterns. I did the Easter basket from Black Bird, it was a fun stitch.
ReplyDelete