6 December 2020

 Dear friends and fellow bloggers,

Thank you for all of your comments, they are so wonderful to read.

-oOo-

Prairie Schooler Santas are a favourite with almost everyone. I decided I wanted to stitch the Santas as an ornament year by year starting with the very first one in 1984. I already had some of the card charts but this was achievable when the reprints came out. I began at the start of 2019 and all through last year was thinking how I wanted to finish them. All I knew for definite was that they were going to be all the same.

So I had been looking on Ebay for nothing in particular, as you do, and came across some pre-made bows, but was unsure if I did get them as to what colour. Now forward on a couple of months to a post on IG from Faye Riggsbee (Carolina Stitcher). Beautiful finishing of Prairie Schooler Santas, red cording, handmade bows (ribbon was same as some of the pre-made bows) and a jingle bell. That was it, I had seen how I wanted to finish mine. 

Batch finishing was on the horizon. As I have been off work again shielding against the world of Covid-19 I was able to finish 1 or 2 a day. I know ... it does take me a while to finish items. So here is the result, lots of Prairie Schooler Santas, they do have central hangers on, I just tucked them behind for the photograph. Mine just don't have a bell on.


Prairie Schooler Santas 1984 - 1994

-oOo-

I have enough fabric, bows and batting for the other 20+ years. Whenever a thread order goes in I add a skein of DMC 221 so I have some for cording and I have run out of mount board which I can't get at the moment as the online shop is out of stock, but that can wait.


-oOo-

Until next time .....

16 comments:

  1. Wow, they look fantastic, I love how you finished them all the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very,very pretty. I love the Schooler Santas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out beautifully and those bows are just the ticket. I think a tree with just those would be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful array of PS Santas and your finishing is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, Your ornaments are just gorgeous! I love the simple finish. Such a lovely addition to your Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, the TPS Santas have a very special charm, I also embroidered 12 this year and made a decorative pillow for my couch, it looks great. I Love your finishes.
    Enjoy your Week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Santa's you made a fab job of finishing .
    Those bows look fab ,
    Enjoy your week hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful. I am inspired to pull out the half dozen charts I have to stitch them up. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your PS Santas look fabulous.
    What a great collection to put out each year.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andrea,
    perfect finishes on your Santas. A lovely Santa Parade.
    Have a nice week. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. What treasures!!It must have helped a lot to get the bows!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's pretty fantastic! I don't think your finishing has an equal, actually. The redwork ornament I won from you in your giveaway one year is a favorite; I always marvel at the skill and tidiness with which it is made!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful job you did on these, Andrea! There is a lot of stitching involved in each of these annual PS Santas so I am really impressed that you did so many this year. I love the sweet bows, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS Santas look so impressive. They are lovely designs. Your bows highlight the colours in the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE love love the PS Santa's. I am working on them also, have 10 stitched, and would love to finish like you did. Could you show me the back? Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.