Dear friends and fellow bloggers,
Well I said I was close to finishing a couple of pieces, so I am back to show you all, along with a "long time languishing in my stitching to finish box" fully finished piece.
The first finish is the Tis The Season SAL by Blackbird Designs that has been on Facebook and Instagram. The quality of the photos might not be great but at least you get more of an idea of the fabric colour.
Tis The Season - Blackbirds Designs.
Joyeux Noel or Home For The Holidays Book.
36ct Vintage Pear Lakeside Linen.
Used recommended Belle Soie silks.
-oOo-
Then I managed to finish Welcome Autumn by The Drawn Thread. This is the second season I have completed, having stitched Welcome Spring, found within this post. I just love this one, the colours, the motifs, especially the acorns. I am particularly pleased with the acorns.
Welcome Autumn - The Drawn Thread
32ct Antique Lambswool Permin/Wichelt Linen.
Used recommended silks.
-oOo-
My fully finished piece is one that I stitched in 2016, which you can find here. It's Full Moon by The Drawn Thread. I finished it in a tart pan, a small flan dish as we might call it over here in the UK. It was silver but I painted it black which I think suits the overall appearance better. Around the top I added handmade cording. It's something different from my usual repertoire.
Full Moon by The Drawn Thread.
32ct Dirty Belfast Linen.
Used recommended NPI and Dinky Dye Silks.
Stitched 1 over 2.
Handmade cording in DMC 310.
-oOo-
I have chosen my October Christmas ornament and have that underway. Other WIPs to look forward to are Ghoul Tidings by Plum Street Samplers, Oktober Feast by With Thy Needle and Thread and And Heaven and Nature Sing by Kathy Barrick. Progress can be found throughout the weeks on my IG account.
Until next time ……..
Your finishes are wonderful. I would have trouble finding a favorite. I have had a tart pan for a long time. Your finish is so pretty, it encourages me to try one.
ReplyDeleteAndrea, all three are beautiful but my favourite is Tis the Season. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful finishes, Andrea! I have both of these charts and they are on my "must stitch" list... hope they turn out as beautifully as yours did!
ReplyDeleteI actually stitched the smaller Drawn Thread Full Moon five times! One for each of us that went to our mini-retreat a few years back. I put them in the top of black round boxes. Yours looks great in your tart pan with the added cording.
Enjoy the rest of your October!
I love your projects and stitching. Great job.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the lovely finishes Andrea.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Beautiful stitching and finishing as always!
ReplyDeleteTwo gorgeous finishes! I didn't realise those Drawn Thread designs had speciality stitches. Your acorns are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWonderful finishes.
ReplyDeleteThese are all beautiful. I have seen several versions of the lovely christmas design and keep meaning to start it one day. I also love the autumnal designs too, although I never stitch any for myself as i seem to go from summer stitching straight on to christmas. x
ReplyDeleteLove your finishes.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to paint the tart black, it looks great.
Marilyn
Your finishes are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAndrea your stitching is so beautiful ,
ReplyDeleteI love seeing what you have stitched and your stitches and finish are always so neat , pure perfection , thanks for sharing.
Beautiful finishes, Andrea! Love the fall piece!
ReplyDeleteTis the season is lovely. I also like all the very fine details on the Drawn Thread autumn piece.
ReplyDeleteThe holly on Tis the Season is charted so prettily.
ReplyDeleteLove the tart finish.
Que bonitos bordados!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are all pretty! I love that read color on Tis the Season! And the Fall colors are also beautiful! I have a tart pan in the closet--haven't used it yet! ha The cording around your stitching really finishes it off well. Great job!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on all of your stitches Andrea. Tis the Season is my most favorite pattern of all time. I have it stitched but not finished yet. RJ
ReplyDelete