Dear friends and fellow bloggers,
I hope you are all well, staying safe and abiding by the rules.
I went on a little journey yesterday ... to the local vaccination place. I am so relieved and grateful for everyone involved. My Mum's cousin's grandson's partner (have you kept up with me!) was one of the team behind the AstraZeneca vaccine, although I had the Pfizer one. Like all the UK centres the staff are so pleasant, so proficient and make the experience so easy. I didn't feel a thing although today I have an aching arm which is what I have heard with most people.... a small price to pay. Please ... when you are called, have the jab.
-oOo-
So I have quite a bit of stitching to show today. Back in January I stitched a sweet freebie from Hello From Liz Matthews. It is from her newsletter, so sign up and get the freebies that she is creating throughout this year.
This is Hope Celebration Small which I think we could all do with. I stitched it with a silk thread I received from @xjudesign when I bought some fabric from her.
Hope Celebration Small (freebie) - Hello From Liz Matthews.
36ct Antique White Edinburgh Linen.
Thread: Stormy Blue silk by IG @xjudesign.
Stitched 1 over 2.
-oOo-
Then I have finished the Tiny Tree Tops, Rose and Thyme piece by Blackbird Designs from the Sewing Club book. The photo is a bit washed out as it is Vintage Country Mocha linen. This is a beautiful and I hope to get it framed .... sometime.
Tiny Tree Tops, Rose or Thyme by Blackbird Designs
from the Sewing Club book.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha.
Recommended threads.
Stitched 1 over 2.
-oOo-
The second piece out of the Sewing Club book that I was going to stitch was A Bit of Summer. I stitched it on 36ct Simply Taupe from @andersonhazel73 which is such a perfect colour as it called for Weeks Dye works Sanguine. Just like the book I finished it into a drum. It's so sweet.
A Bit of Summer - Blackbird Designs
from the Sewing Club book.
36ct Simply Taupe Hand-dyed Zweigart linen by Foxglove and Lace (IG @andersonhazel73)
Recommended threads.
Stitched 1 over 2.

-oOo-
Lastly I have started another sampler piece. This is The Mary Ann Myers Sampler by Little House Needleworks. I am stitching on 40ct Birch Zweigart linen with the recommended threads. I have stitched a little bit more than the photo below shows and I am having doubts about 2 of the silks. The Classic Colorworks Belle Soie Pecan Pie and Teddy Bear look to be very close colourways, so I am trying to find another thread to substitute. Some frogging may have to occur!!
-oOo-
This weekend I am working on the next freebie from Hello From Liz Matthews which is called Arrow Celebration Small. Sorry no photo as yet but I will hopefully get the stitching finished tomorrow.
So I will say goodbye for now.
Stitching hugs to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.