I'm sorry it has been such a long time since my last post, completely missed April!! So we have a picture heavy post today.
-oOo-
GIFTS.
Dear Lainey @laineymain on IG sent me the most wonderful gift. It's a beautiful flat ornament and purple is one of my favourite colours. I am told by Lainey that it is called Mini Rouges by Jardin Privé. Thank you so much, it was quite a surprise. The card was cute too.
-oOo-
STITCHING FINISHES
A lovely reproduction sampler by Whilst Iris Naps Designs, Thirza Hudson 1825. I loved stitching this and I'm looking forward to getting it framed.
Thirza Hudson 1825 - Whilst Iris Naps Designs.
36ct Winter Brew R&R Reproduction linen.
Used recommended threads but either the WDW or the DMC alternatives.
Stitched 1 over 2 and 1 over 1.
-oOo-
The next yearly Prairie Schooler Santa has been completed. This is 1998 Santa.
1998 Santa - The Prairie Schooler.
40ct Vintage Country Mocha Zweigart linen.
Threads as recommended.
-oOo-
This chart has been kitted up and in the to-do pile for quite a long time. Anna Ohmann 1873 by Lila's Studio. Initially I started with the called for Classic Colorworks Used Brick and had stitched most of the top left corner motif, but it just didn't inspire me. I looked to see what I had and what I had enough thread of. So I found a Dinky Dyes Silk - No. 159 Cherry Wood, a beautiful colour and subtle shading.
Anna Ohmann 1873 - Lila's Studio.
40ct Winter Brew - R&R Reproduction linen.
159 Cherry Wood Dinky Dye Silk.
Stitched 1 over 2.
-oOo-
I know the majority of you watch Brenda and Laura on flosstube.(Brenda and The Serial Starter). They had bought it to our attention that there would be a Blackbird Weekend SAL which would happen on the first weekend of every month. #bbdweekendsal. The first one was a huge success. I had picked out a few smaller charts that I could probably start and finish the stitching within the weekend. For the first weekend I chose a design from The Gift is Small book. I'm hoping to make this into a small box top ... when my boxes turn up!
Wreath Sewing Box from The Gift Is Small book - Blackbird Designs.
36ct "unknown" Zweigart linen.
Threads as recommended except used alternative suggestion of DMC 612 instead of Gentle Arts Harvest Basket.
Stitched 1 over 2.
-oOo-
FULLY FINISHED OBJECTS.
Finished the same as all of the previous Santas.
1995 Santa - The Prairie Schooler.
Stitching details here
12 down, many more to go!!
-oOo-
This has been the one that I have been drawn to finishing the most. Hoops I had, the finishing I had in my mind. It was only when I saw Vonna's flosstube (Cave Tales #3) when she showed a previous finish that I knew it was what I wanted to create. So this is heavily influenced by Vonna.
I thought it through I this is how I completed mine. Two hoops, the bottom one is complete and the top one just has the outer ring. There is a piece of mountboard glued in between the hoops which ledges on the inner bottom hoop. Hoops are glued together. Stitching is backed by layers of batting and is gathered on to a circular piece of mountboard that is just a little bit smaller than the hoop size. Again glue in. The pom-pom trim was just some from a haberdashery store, one that the pom-poms didn't come apart. It was yellow but I coffee/tea dyed it first. The trim was glued and tucked in around the edge.
Queen Bee Pincushion - Heartsring Samplery.
Stitching details here
-oOo-
W I Ps.
At the moment I'm concentrating on Fresh Picked Pinkeep by Stacy Nash Primitives. I have changed the DMC recommended thread to NPI silks. So far so good.
DMC 371 = NPI 242
DMC 730 = NPI 244
DMC 3031 = NPI 582
DMC 3721 = NPI 224
DMC 3859 = NPI 754
Choice between NPI 244 and NPI 346. Decided not to choose NPI 346.
-oOo-
OK I think that is it for today. Whew! Enjoy your day!
Until next time .....


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be aware that I do have comment moderation on.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.